Nowadays program managers, curators and Award Panel members mostly claim that artistic quality is the most important criterion … but what is meant by this term?
For me the following aspects are important for the quality of artistic work:
· Form and content are characterised by respect of the human beings. – This respect is for me, especially when there are children part of the audience, this is the most important criteria.
· Artistic means used must be well-founded and effective.
· There is an entertainment value; this can be stimulating, comforting, sensitizing or differentiating.
· The artists have high ambitions and have the courage to place demands to the audience.
· The artists make themselves vulnerable, as they let their personal values become visible.